“Grief One Day at a Time” – Sept. 25; “When Grief is Complicated” – Sept. 26
• Grieving is hard, takes time, courage
• Without grieving, people get stuck
• Be with others, talk about your loved one
Troy, Michigan… If you are grieving the loss of a loved one or work with those experiencing the depression of grief, you will have the opportunity to hear Dr. Alan Wolfelt, a national grief expert and author, speak in Troy, Tuesday, Sept. 25 and Wednesday, Sept. 26. Both events are sponsored by A. J. Desmond & Sons Funeral Directors, open to the public and professionals and free of charge. Both events will be held at the Management Education Center located at 811 W. Square Lake Rd. in Troy.
Alan Wolfelt, Ph.D., is director of the Center for Loss & Life Transition in Fort Collins, Colorado.
“Anyone grieving the loss of a loved one, as well as anyone that counsels those who are grieving, should come to hear Dr. Wolfelt. He brings a special perspective on grief,” says Terry Desmond, president of A. J. Desmond & Sons Funeral Directors.
Grief One Day at a Time will be presented Tuesday, Sept. 25 from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at the Management Education Center located at 811 W. Square Lake Rd. in Troy. Dr. Wolfelt will speak about:
– Acknowledging the need to mourn authentically
– Recognizing the uniqueness of your personal grief journey
– Exploring the multitude of emotions as you grieve
– Identifying the value of support including who is in your support system
– Having hope that you will heal
When Grief is Complicated, a seminar for professionals including bereavement counselors and hospice professionals as well as the public, is Wednesday, Sept. 26, 9:00 AM – 12 Noon, Dr. Wolfelt will discuss the following topics:
– The wilderness of complicated grief
– Complicated grief influences and risk factors
– Identifying complicated grief symptoms and sub categories
– Companioning principles
– Facilitating active engagement with the six needs of mourning
(SW CE credit cost is $30 for 3.0 SW CE hours for this seminar.)
Both events are sponsored by A. J. Desmond & Sons Funeral Directors as a community service.
Advance registration encouraged. Call A. J. Desmond & Sons Funeral Directors at (248) 362-2500. Visit www.AJDesmond.com for further information, registration and directions.